NEBOSH National General Certificate
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides a broad understanding of the general health and safety issues that affect all types of organisation and enables risks to be managed effectively.
As well as covering a range of workplace hazards and methods of control, it includes the legal system in the UK and related legislation. Our classroom courses involve face-to-face teaching and provide an opportunity to discuss the topics with other students and the tutor and would suit those that enjoy interaction in a classroom environment. In particular, it has a number of features that may be helpful to those students who have not done formal study and examinations for some time.
This highly recommended, entry level NEBOSH course is based on two, one week study periods (Units NGC1 and GC2). This very effective format ensures students retain knowledge from each element and this enables them to attain higher results. Revision is set between study periods to re-enforce learning and development.
Mock assessments (written and practical) are used throughout the course with individual feedback offered to students to aid their development.
Why the NEBOSH National General Certificate course
- 83% of Health and Safety job advertisements demanded candidates hold a NEBOSH qualification
- 45% of vacancies called for NEBOSH Certificate level qualifications, up by 7% in 2015
- 93% of positions asked for either some form of NEBOSH qualification and/or Membership of IOSH.
- A Globally recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications give a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff
The NEBOSH course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
The NEBOSH NGC course specification can be found here download the course PDF.