Course price:£1375 + vat
Event location:Andover - SP119FA
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
Who is NEBOSH General Certificate for?
NEBOSH National General Certificate | Classroom
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides delegates with an excellent grounding in health and safety legislation, hazard recognition, practical risk control, and good risk management practices. A high number of people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate each year whether it’s as the first step for a career in health and safety or just looking to build knowledge in health and safety for their workplace or business.
It is the most recognised and trusted health and safety qualification within the United Kingdom and further afield.
The qualification is divided into two units:
- Unit NG 1 – Management of Health and Safety
- Unit NG 2 – Risk Assessment
Who is Nebosh General Certificate for?
This NEBOSH qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors, and staff where health and safety is part of their day to day responsibilities.
No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
What will delegates get from the NEBOSH General Certificate course?
The NEBOSH General Course will look at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you pass this NEBOSH qualification, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to conduct the following:
- Advise on duties under main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Support and develop your organisation’s health and safety culture
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Identify common hazards
- Spot the key risks in your organisation
- Professionally carry out risk assessments
- Develop a detailed action plan and know how to action it
- Manage workplace risks
What are the Benefits of holding the NEBOSH General Certificate course?
- Help to boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Become an Associate Member of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
Download the course fact sheet here.
What benefits will employers get from the NEBOSH course?
When your employees achieve this NEBOSH qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH General course.
- They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help implement the health and safety policy and procedures to help protect the workforce.
- They will also be able to help make sure your business complies with the law and maintain good health and safety practices and preventing huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
To see the full list of benefits of health and safety training to businesses, see our What are the benefits of health and safety training to businesses? blog post.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) on our NEBOSH courses.
What is the NEBOSH General Certificate Course Syllabus?
The certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
Unit NG1 – Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring performance
Unit NG2 – Risk assessment
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
Download the course syllabus here.
How is the NEBOSH National Generate Certificate course assessed?
To achieve this NEBOSH qualification, candidates must pass an Open Book Assessment (NG1) and the practical assessment (NG2) carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
- Unit NG 1 is assessed by way of an Open Book Examination
Further information about open book exams is available in the NEBOSH Learner Guide – OBE.
- Unit NG 2 is assessed by completing a Risk Assessment at your place of work within a ten-days of the Examination date.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification within five years of registration to gain the full qualification.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH National General Certificate course?
- 9 Days Classroom
- 24hrs to complete the Open Book Examination
The OBE will take around 4 hours to complete but you will have access to the portal for 24 hours to enable you to complete the NEBOSH Open Book Examination.
How much does the NEBOSH General Certificate cost?
£1375 + vat for the classroom course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses is inclusive of the following tuition, examination and certification fees, course materials and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
Why not save some money and bundle courses together – please check out our bundle deals here.
Payment plans are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your options.
What funding is available?
ELCAS Course Funding
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £2000. We also offer course bundles.
To find out more about elcas funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
What are the entry requirements for the Nebosh General Certificate course?
There are no entry requirements for the certificate, however, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
How do I book the NEBOSH General Certificate classroom course?
Please click on the button below to book and enrol on the course, or contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing email@example.com.
What other NEBOSH training courses do we offer?
NEBOSH Virtual Classroom – https://www.southwesthealthandsafety.com/nebosh-virtual-learning/
NEBOSH eLearning – https://www.southwesthealthandsafety.com/nebosh-online-courses/
Why not check out our blog post on the NEBOSH National Certificate course?
Are you passionate about workplace safety? Curious to explore the world of health and safety management? Look no further click here for our blog posts! I invite you to dive into my captivating NEBOSH blog posts, where I share invaluable insights, practical tips, and real-world experiences related to NEBOSH certifications and occupational safety.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your safety journey, my blog provides a treasure trove of knowledge that can enhance your understanding and boost your career. So, join me on this enlightening adventure by reading my NEBOSH blog posts and unlock the secrets to creating a safer and healthier working environment. Your safety matters, and knowledge is power! Find out more here 💪🌐💡
|Andover: 20 Nov||£1,250|
|Andover: 21 Aug||£1,350|
NEBOSH NGC FAQ's
Delegates booking a NEBOSH Certificate course will have the following included as standard:
- Training and assessment fees
- NEBOSH approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced Health & Safety professional throughout your course
- NEBOSH registration fees
It is a Level 3 qualification which is equivalent to a UK A level.
The qualification has no run-out date, but it is recommended that you complete yearly Professional Development.
The Open Book Exam is one of the main changes to how the NEBOSH National General Certificate is assessed. Previously the learner had to attend the NGC1 exam face-to-face at a training centre. Now the exam for NG1 is completed remotely from home or at work NEBOSH have named this the “Open Book Exam”.
The Open Book Exam can be accessed online and can be completed wherever the learner pleases. Exams are hosted on one set day and are open for 24 hours. To attend, the learner simply needs to log in remotely on a device with a screen at any time during that window.
- If you have booked the full classroom or online course you will automatically be registered for the Open Book Examination on the dates set by NEBOSH.
- If you are an external student you will be sent our Delegate Registration Form, in which they will need to fill in and return back to the office.
- Access to the NEBOSH online examination platform will be sent around eight days before the exam, NEBOSH will send you the log in details to the platform. You will then be able to login and familiarise themselves with the platform.
- Examinations run from 9 am – 9 am giving you 24 hour access to the platform.
- On the Examination day you will be able to access the OBE question paper on the platform. You will have 24 hours to complete and submit the completed exam.
- Following the exam, you will be contacted by a member of the team to arrange a closing interview.
- NEBOSH will email the results to you up to 50 days after the exam day.
For more information about OBEs, check out NEBOSH’s Open Book Examinations page.
Upcoming dates for the Open Book Exam are:
- 03 February 2021
- 07 April 2021
- 09 June 2021
NEBOSH is approved by SQA
Other than classroom, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is available in:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate – Distance Learning
- NEBOSH National General Certificate – E-Learning
- NEBOSH National General Certificate – In-House Training
Please call us on 01264 874466 to discuss these course options further.
9 Classroom Days + 1 Day for the Open Book Examination
Andover: 20 - 30 November 2023
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.