NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely.
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate covers the main legal requirements relating to health and safety in UK construction work, identification and control of construction workplace hazards, and the practical application of this knowledge.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required, although it is advisable that candidates do have an understanding of the basic practical aspects of the construction industry.
It should also be noted that the practical assessment requires students to undertake an inspection of a construction workplace and to prepare an appropriate.
Holders of the National Construction Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
NEBOSH Construction full course – NGC 1, NCC 1 and NCC 2 – Practical element: £1600
NEBOSH Conversion – For those who have completed the NGC 1 and wish to achieve the NEBOSH Construction Certificate: £895
NEBOSH Combined – For those who want to achieve both the NEBOSH General and Construction Certificates: £1899
*If you require further information please contact Southwest and we will be happy to assist
NEBOSH Construction Certificate:
NGC 1 – Management of Health & Safety
- 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
NCC 1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Construction management and law
- Hazards and control on a construction site
- Plant and vehicle movement hazard control
- Control of musculoskeletal hazards and risks
- Hazards and control of work equipment
- Electrical & Fire safety
- Health hazards and risk control of chemical and biological substances
- Psychological and physical health hazards and risk control
- Working at Height, confined spaces & deep excavation hazard control
- Demolition hazard control
NCC2 – Practical Exam
Within 10 days of completing NCC1, exam delegates must submit their practical exam.
Why the NEBOSH National Certificate in Health and Safety in Construction?
- 83% of Health and Safety job advertisements demanded candidates hold a NEBOSH qualification
- 45% of vacancies called for NEBOSH Certificate level qualifications, up by 7% in 2015
- 93% of positions asked for either some form of NEBOSH qualification and/or Membership of IOSH.
- A Globally recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications give a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff
The NEBOSH NGC course specification can be found here or download the course PDF.
To find out more either visit the: