Manual Handling Course Overview
By AOFAQ Level 2 Manual Handling training by Southwest Health & Safety
The AOFAQ Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Manual Handling qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to safely move objects in the workplace. The qualification is ideal for new starters, existing staff and for refresher training.
The course builds on the best practice guidance from the Health and Safety Executive and provides learners with the opportunity to practice safe moving principles.
The Health and Safety and Work Act 1974 and the Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require each employer to provide adequate supervision and training and as well as undertake manual handling risk assessments. This qualification will support employers to demonstrate their commitment to the legal obligations.
Manual Handling Certification
Practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor, culminating with a written test. This is a lifetime qualification, although annual refresher training is highly recommended.
Manual Handling Course Content
FAA Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practices
Unit 1 Title: Manual Handling Safety At Work
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- This is a 6-hour classroom based course
- Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course
- Bespoke / In-House training – We also offer Bespoke and In-house training for a minimum of 6 delegates