IOSH Working Safely Course Overview
Working Safely courses. This course targets all employees and stresses the importance of occupational health and safety and demonstrates how participants can enhance safety in their environments. A day can make such a difference… Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, that will boost business performance and staff motivation. How? Simply by showing how everyone can enhance their safety, health and wellbeing through everyday behaviours. This is a completely different approach to safety and health training: a high-impact programme designed to be fun and inclusive. No jargon, no legalese – just inspirational learning that’s enjoyable, stimulating and effective.
IOSH accredited courses are all aimed at different levels of profession in any industry and are recognised across the UK and overseas. IOSH courses are among the most respected of qualifications in health and safety, and some of the most popular too, with roughly 150,000 people each year undertaking an IOSH training course
Why the IOSH Working Safely certificate Certificate
Anyone – and everyone – in a working role who wants to learn the basics of safety and health.
Why it works
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to work safely
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality controlled by us
- Flexibility of delivery that suits your business
- Internationally recognised and respected certification
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme
- 93% of positions asked for either some form of NEBOSH qualification and/or Membership of IOSH.
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working Safely certificate
The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme. The IOSH Working Safely course specification can be found here or download the course PDF.
IOSH Working Safely Course Content
What to Expect
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in workplace
- Informal and interactive quizzes and discussions
- Evaluation using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- Choice of IOSH Working Safely certificate and/or the IOSH Safety Passport as proof of qualification
- Classroom courses are recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award
in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (does not apply to online courses)
- Ensures delegates can define hazards and risks
- Ensures delegates can identify common hazards
- Improves overall safety performance
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working Safely certiﬁcate and/or
IOSH Safety Passport
- This is a 1 day classroom based course.