Level 1 Health & Safety Course Overview
By AOFAQ Level 1 Health & Safety training by Southwest Health & Safety
The AOFAQ Level 1 National Award in the Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace. This course is designed for learners who are new to the workplace; require refresher training or those seeking new work opportunities.
The course provides an introduction to health and safety in the workplace and leads to progression onto other courses should the learner/employer require.
The course is typically half-day in duration and offers an excellent insight to the role of health and safety in the workplace. The course compliments employer’s policies and procedures and the course can be tailored by the trainer to meet any specific needs of employers.
Manual Handling Certification
Practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor, culminating with a written test. This is a lifetime qualification, although annual refresher training is highly recommended.
H&S Course Content
AoFAQ Level 1 National Award in the Principles of Health and Safety
- Introduction to Health and Safety for people at work
- Understand the importance of health, safety and welfare standards in the workplace
- Know how hazards and risks are controlled in the workplace
- Be aware of the main causes and effects of poor health and safety at work
- Understand how health and safety information is communicated in the workplace
- This is a half-day (3 hour) classroom based course.
- We have a fixed training venue on the outskirts of Tidworth,
Wiltshire – Just off the A303
- We can also deliver this course on your site, although this will be subject to a pre-course assessment to make sure your work place meets our requirements
- We also offer Bespoke and In-house training for a minimum of 6 delegates, to find out more
information please contact our admin staff who will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.