CITB – Health and Safety Awareness course
Who is it for
This Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English
The Health and Safety Awareness course is a level 1 award in health and safety course in the construction environment which is recognised as an equivalent to the IOSH Working safely.
What to expect on the course
The HSA course has a plenty of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies.
Some of the HSA course content will require delegates to compile and present their understanding of how to comply with current legislation.
During the HSA course, delegates are constantly assessed by the course tutor. At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment.
By the end of the course
At the end of the The Health and Safety Awareness Site Safety Plus training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand why they are carrying out their health and safety duties
- Ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
- Understand the need to prevent site accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for a risk assessment and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Qualifications you gain
Those who successfully complete the assessment are awarded the CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) Certificate.
Delegates who successfully complete the course can apply for a construction skills certificate scheme (CSCS) green labourer card once they have passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
About our training
There are no hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees.
Our HSA courses have the following included in the course cost:
Safe Start GE 707 publication
CITB Certificate Fees
Refreshments Throughout The Day
Free All-Day Car Parking (Except our venue in London Waterloo)