Level 3 in First Aid Course Overview
By FAA First Aid at Work QCF Level 3 Award training by Southwest Health & Safety
FAA First Aid at Work QCF Level 3 Award. If the assessment of First Aid needs highlights the need for qualified First Aider’s, then this qualification will provide you with suitable, highly trained personnel.
This comprehensive three-day course covers a wide range of First Aid emergencies, enabling First Aiders to deal with an emergency situation with confidence in a safe and effective way.
Health & Safety Risk Assessment Certification
Classroom based course. A minimum of 18 contact hours spread over three days.
First Aid Course Content
FAA First Aid at Work QCF Level 3 Award
- Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
This 3 Day Course covers a range of subjects:
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
- This is an 18 hour classroom based course.
- We have a fixed training venue on the outskirts of Tidworth, Wiltshire – Just off the A303
- A maximum of 12 delegates only. To find out more information please contact our
admin staff who will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.
- Successful qualification of this course is based on the delegate meeting the required
standards on practical assessments that are conducted throughout the course and passing the written test papers each day.
- On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a First Aid at Work certificate
valid for three years.
- South West Health and Safety Training Ltd fully support the HSE recommendation for
First Aiders to complete an Annual First Aid at Work refresher course.