Course price:£275 plus vat
Event location:Andover - SP119FA
Parking:Free parking is available at the venue
First Aid at Work | Classroom
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training first aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves workplace first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. Therefore, the qualification is valid for three years from the date of award. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
We make sure that our courses are both informative and fun, and delegates are actively encouraged to contribute (we don’t like death by PowerPoint any more than the next), and our student feedback indicates we’re doing it right.
The qualification is divided into two units:
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
Who is this First Aid at Work Training course for?
If you have identified that first-aiders are needed in your workplace, you must ensure that those identified to be first aiders undertake training appropriate to the need – typically this may be the first aid at work (FAW) course.
Those attending our First Aid at Work Course need to be suitable and fit to attend as there are practical elements to the course.
Learners need to be over the age of 14.
What will delegates get from the first aid course?
Upon successful completion the delegates will be able to add the following to the business:
- Have an understanding of your role and responsibilities as a first-aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to conduct CPR
- Be able to use an AED
- Be able to administer first aid to a choking casualty
Benefits of holding the First Aid at Work and having trained first aiders in the workplace include:
- Enhanced career progression
- You will gain confidence
- You will be able to save a life with the skills gained
What benefits will employers get from the First Aid at Work Course?
When your employees achieve this First Aid qualification, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from completing the course.
- Having trained first aiders can save lives
- Reduce the number of workplace accidents within the workplace
- Enhance the work environment
- Your business will be a safer place to work
- First aid kits are used properly and maintained
- It can keep employees safe outside of the workplace
- It’s a great team-building exercise.
Why choose Southwest Health and Safety?
- High quality training
- We have above national average pass rates on all our courses including NEBOSH and IOSH.
- We are competitively priced.
- We offer interest free payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months on all courses. Call us to enquire on +44 (0)1264 874 466.
- We are an ELCAS approved training provider and members of the Armed Forces are eligible to use thier Standard Learning Credits (SLC) on our First Aid courses.
First Aid at Work course syllabus
The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work course is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
- Role of first aiders
- Legal framework
- First aid boxes and their contents
- Casualty assessment
- Incident assessment
- Care of unconscious casualties (Recovery Position)
- Cardiac arrest and CPR
- Use of an AED*
- Minor wound treatment
- Major wound treatment
- Bandage techniques
- Breathing and respiration
- Chest wounds
- Crush injuries
- Eye injuries
- Fracture management
- Spinal injury management
- Head injuries
How is the First Aid at Work course assessed?
- Complete and pass a multi-choice test paper
- Practical assessments are carried out during the course.
Candidates must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation with external bleeding and shock
- Management of fractures
- Secondary survey
On passing the assessments and the multiple-choice papers each candidate will be issued a Level 3 First Aid at Work Accredited Certificate. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
How long does it take to complete the First Aid at Work course?
3 days in the classroom.
How much does the course cost?
£275 plus vat for the classroom course.
- This cost includes the tuition, examination and certification of the course.
**Important information for students using ELC funding**
As per JSP 822, ELC funding received for ELCAS approved courses will only include the following tuition, examination and certification fees and VAT in the course cost as per ELCAS and MOD regulations.
As per JSP 822, Service Personnel/Service Leavers are personally responsible for the funding of their own course study book, we will arrange this for you @£12 per course booked.
What funding is available?
Members of the Armed Forces are able to use their Standard Learning Credits (SLC) to fund up to 80% of the course cost up to £175.
To find out more about funded courses, go to our Armed Forces Section of the website.
How do I book the course?
Please click on the button below to book and enroll on the course, or, contact the office either by calling 01264 874466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Andover: 22 Nov||£275|
- Training and assessment fees
- Highfield approved textbook
- Comprehensive tutor support from an experienced First Aid trainer throughout your course
- Highfields registration fees
We are able to deliver this course at your venue. We are happy to travel anywhere in the UK and worldwide. To discuss this option, please call us on 01264 874466 or email us on email@example.com.
This Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is accredited by Highfield Qualifications.
There are no requirements to attend the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work but students need to be able to complete all physical aspects of the course.
A great course to complete after this could be any one of our Mental Health qualifications.
Andover: 22 - 24 November 2023
Our Core Values
Click on the image below and read our core values that are the key foundations to providing a fantastic service to you.
To be your trusted partner for all your health and safety requirements no matter what industry you are in.