Southwest are now offering a new course – the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers
We are now offering a new classroom and in house training course; the IOSH SHE for Construction Managers.
Who the course is suitable for
The course is suitable for anyone who supervises or manages safety, health and environmental risks on construction sites.
The course consists of the following modules:
- Relevant regulations & legislation
- Site preparation
- Management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
– the importance of method statements
– the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Roles and responsibilities under the Construction Regs.
- The key issues surrounding control of hazards on site
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Benefits of taking the course
Individuals will obtain the following from the course:
- The ability to assess and control risks on site to both workers and the public
- Understand relevant health, safety & environmental legislation / codes of practice / information and guidance on compliance
- Understand list of duties and responsibilities of Employees, Clients, Designers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Re-Active Monitoring
- Be able to select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Reporting accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, incidents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording
- Have an understanding of legal duties and management responsibility
Companies will receive benefits including:
- Improved, company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents, resulting in greater productivity and efficiency
- Reduced premiums and legal costs
- A Globally-recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisors
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-assured by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
The course is £504 (inc VAT) which includes course material, exam fees and refreshments throughout the course.
If you are a member of the armed forces, this course is eligible for Standard Learning Credits. Payment plans of 3, 6 and 9 months are available for everyone.
To find out full course details, see our IOSH SHE for Construction Managers course page.
For any questions or to apply for payment plans, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0)1264 874466.